Off The Bookshelf

Today is Behn's graduation day, which merits an entire post in itself. Graduation is this evening, so right now we are just relaxing while Graham naps.

I've been reading again! For me, reading comes and goes...I'll be really into it for a while, then take a break. Here's what I've been reading.

First up:


I really love the show "The Office," so I thought this book would be a fun read. It's...ok. I'd give it a C. To me, her sense of humor isn't that funny. But it's definitely a light and easy read. Not as good as Tina Fey's Bossypants though.

Next up:

 I am loving this book so far! It's an autobiography about a NY city journalist who trades in the city life for the farming life. (It's nothing like Pioneer Woman's story though). She marries a super-organic farmer and they farm enough to feed 100 people...everything is all natural. They are pretty extreme, from what I gather so far, but it is still fascinating. Makes me want to plant a bigger garden, like, today.

And last, but not least:
I've never read a Keller book. I've listened to his sermons, I've seen many quotes, but never read any of his books. It is wonderful so far. I think he may be my current favorite Christian author. The way he picks apart Scripture, the way he uses analogies and stories. He is so well-read! But it's never boring, he doesn't lose my attention. If you want to know more about Jesus...read this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf