Sleeping Soundly

Sometimes when Graham wakes up and it's not quite morning, we let him sleep with us the last hour or so. It's proving to be a not-good habit because sometimes he wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to be in mommy and daddy's bed, which I'm not wild about. I need my space, you know? But anyway, this morning he woke up a few minutes before 7 and it was starting to get light, so I was suprised when he fell back asleep in our bed.


And as I was looking at him, thinking about how cozy it all is, and how much I LOVE him I found myself hurting so much for sweet babies and children around the world who don't have this. Don't have parents to cuddle with on Saturday mornings, don't have mamas and daddies who pray with them and read to them before bed. Don't have warm clothes and a safe place to sleep and their tummies are hungry. Oh, my heart aches for them! Praying that the Lord will put these children in families, and hopefully waiting for the day when we may be one of those families.

Comments

  1. I sooo get this! All of it! Love snuggling my babies before the day really begins... there are worse habits. :) Praying we get to help open our homes someday to those who need one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf