Cold November Morning

Haven't felt like blogging much lately.

It's been a rough week for me. Nothing terrible has happened, but I'm not feeling good. As much as I want this blog to be upbeat, sometimes it's just too dishonest to pretend like it's all fun and games and hikes and smiles.

But for an update:

In about 2 hours, supposedly I'll be running a 10k (6 mile race). Ha, I said supposedly because it's 30 degrees outside and oh, that's right, I can't run 6 miles :) I tried to train for the race with the double jogging stroller, and got up to about 3 miles. So I know I'll be ok for 3 miles and then we'll see. Turns out, I HATED using the jogging stroller. The stroller itself was great- easy to push (as easy as it can be pushing 50 lbs of baby bum). The thing is, running to me is a chance for freedom...it's time for me to be alone to pray and feel healthy and good and refreshed and enjoy music. SO not possible when I have to make it a chore to put jackets on babies, load babies in the car, load the stroller in the car, unload everything, give babies toys to hold and then they steal the other's toy and make the other boy cry and then constantly throw their dumb toys out of the stroller and then I stop every 2 seconds to retrieve them. And on 2 occasions, Graham just got fed up with being strapped in for so long and screamed, tears running down his little face and loud enough for all of Rockbridge County to hear. I ended up carrying him with one arm and pushing the stroller with the other. Uncool (though a very good workout).

If I run the race (already paid for it, so probably will), Behn will drop me off at the starting point and hang at home with G while I run/walk the 6 miles and then meet me at the end to cheer me on :) I'll report on what happens later. As of now I'm furiously drinking water and coffee and eating toast to prep (is this what i should be doing emily?)

After the race, Behn and I have planned to go to Charlottesville for the day with Graham. Ever the history buff, Behn wants to tour Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home. We've never been to C-Ville, so I'm looking forward to visiting a metropolis that may indeed have a mall, a starbucks, a Chick-Fil-A, a Whole Foods, more than 3 traffic lights, etc. Even if we just window shop, it's nice to be out. We need a day out, and when I worried about the money to get there/take a tour/have dinner, Behn told me not to....that sometimes it's worth it, and I'm so happy he said that. He's a good husband.

Well, off to today's adventures!

Comments

  1. I am sorry you are not feeling well this week. I try to take vit D especially in the winter to fight away the winter blues.

    Is this your first race?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you ROCKED that race!! and yes, sounds like good fueling to me!
    Hope you enjoyed your day out with your little family :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf