Living Room Makeover

My wonderful, sweet mother was here last week. We had fun! I LOVE having her around. She helped out a lot and was great company. I miss her already.

Before she came, I mentioned I wanted to give my LR a new look. It seems we'll be in this house another year and I just wanted to make the place more fresh.

Mom came with good ideas and lots of motivation. I should've taken 'before' pics but I didn't. Some of what we did was just re-arranging. For example, Stonewall got moved from the fireplace mantle to this bookshelf:

The big project, though, was making these framed pieces. It was all mom's idea and SHE made them, not me. I take no credit. She did a beautiful job. We bought the frames at the Habitat Restore and at the Antique mall. We bought the yellow and blue fabric also at the Habitat store and the other two fabrics at Wal-Mart. I picked the toile, I've always like toile.


Mom cut out the pieces to fit the frames, stapled them to cardboard (also fitted to frame), and then just inserted them into the frames. The frames are all just basic, used wooden frames. They're all different and antique-ey. I LOVE the finished product.


Then mom used leftover fabric to make a sham for this little window, which has been naked until now. Cute! She also hung a sheer curtain in the big window to add a softer touch to the whole room. I'm in the process of updating and printing new photos of our loved ones to put all on the mantle. I'm also drying flowers from my garden to enjoy all year long (see them hanging?).


Such a fun project! Like I said, she did all the work, and she did it well. Thanks, Mom!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf