Small Town Life

The other day it was lovely so I took Graham and Baby F out for a walk to downtown Lexington. They love to look around at the people, cars, and hustle of the little town. While I was in town, I decided to go get stamps at the post office. As I approached the building pushing the double stoller, I looked for the handicap ramp. To my suprise, I discovered that there was no such ramp. Isn't that illegal? Determined to get my stamps I hauled the stroller the these stairs:


An older man (aka good ol' boy) who had just entered the building saw my plight and stopped what he was doing to open the door for me. Then he let me go ahead of him in line. Then he told me to wait a minute so he could help me take the stroller down the stairs after he was finished mailing his package. How nice is that?? Everywhere I go in this town, people stop and say hi to the boys. I just love small town life and the courtesy of people here in the south. Sure, they're human and no one is perfect and there's brokenness here too, but I'd be honored if my kid picked up on some of this southern lifestyle!

P.S. The postman said that the building isn't handicap accesible because it's a historic building.

Comments

  1. HI there! Thanks for your sweet comment on our blog! It's so fun that you all know Jon and Ana - love them! Also, you have such a sweet little guy! You look like you all are enjoying him so much.

    I'll look forward to seeing where the Lord takes you. One of my big prayers in our adoption is that it will encourage others who have thought about it to actually pursue it. I get so sad to think about if we had never actually acted on our inclinations to adopt - we would be missing out on the blessing of these precious little guys ! SO, I am really excited and encouraged to hear about others seriously praying about and pursuing adoption. I'm excited for you all!

    Did you go to JMU? Is that how you know Jon and Ana?

    Thanks again for the comments! Blessings on your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also amazed when I do not see accommodation for those using wheels. How is your double working out for you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!