What We're Into

It's mid-spring and the world is turning green. I can never decide if I love spring or fall more. Each are always so welcome.



We are all into different things right now. I get on kicks where I love country music or can't stop reading books, and at other times I only want to listen to Fernando Ortega and binge on "The Office."

Right now, here's what we are into:

Megan
  • I can't stop listening to the "Claude DeBussy" and "Allison Kraus" stations on Pandora. I am really digging the wistful, emotional melodies of Claude DeBussy and the cheerful, upbeat bluegrass tunes on Allison Kraus' station.
  • This necklace.

    I bought it to help fund raise for clean water in Bona, Ethiopia through Project Hopeful. It's beautiful. My new favorite. Folks, they are still a few hundred dollars short of their goal. You too can own this necklace AND help bring clean water to families in this village. The necklace is $20 and $10 of that goes straight to the water project. Get yours here.
  • The King's Speech. Behn and I watched this movie again. I just love it- the Britishness, the history, the story, the acting, the music. I grabbed the book from the library too, and will update my "Off the Bookshelf" posts soon, including The King's Speech.
  • Outdoors. Since the weather is finally lovely, we are out more. (Yes, that means more chasing babies down the road). The boys are so happy. We try to do the park, go on walks, and/or play in the yard as much as possible. The baby garden seeds are sprouting (the ones that didn't get eaten by birds), my perennials survived and are growing back, and Behn and I planted trees. 
  • Eating lighter. I'm ready for more salads, sandwiches, and wraps and less casseroles and stews. My jeans are a little tight these days so I think my body will thank me.
Behn
  • Flyers hockey. This is a given. But we got to go to a game up in Philly last weekend with friends and it was really fun! And now that the Flyers are in the playoffs...Behn's pretty stoked. He's wearing a lot of orange.
  • Morning snuggles with baby Patrick.
  • Fencing; that is, continuing to build our fence, when he has the time and supplies. Behn is super good at this. The fence is great so far, but we have a long way to go. This is a huge project.
  • I think Behn's pretty into 'The Walking Dead.' I would never, ever watch it with him (SO not my kind of show.)
Graham
  • Other than being outside, Graham is super into building with his Legos and marble run. For the first time since he became a toddler, he will occupy himself for a longish period of time just playing by himself. Ya'll, I feel like we reached a happy place, at least in that regard.
  • Bible memory- he's working on Colossians 3 now.
  • The Llama, Llama books by Anna Dewdney.
  • The movie "Little Rascals." He can quote extremely large portions of it. He often calls me Darla.
  • Anything baseball. All day it's baseball this and that. He's really fascinated with how a bat can break sometimes when a player is hitting a ball. Recently I found him this shirt at a consignment store. It was like the heavens opened and God said, "I love you Graham, and I give you this shirt as a special gift."
Patrick
  • Patrick is really into the movie "Up." I know he shouldn't be watching tv, blah blah blah. Oh well. He loves "Up" and even hums the theme song. Graham is thrilled to have passed on his love for "Up" to his little bro.
  • Silliness with Graham. These boys seem to have their own inside jokes lately. They both crack each other up in the car. It's awesome. Graham even tries to interpret Patch's jibberish to me:
          Patrick: "Aayyyyeeaa."
          Me:  "I don't know what that means, pal."
          Graham:  "He's saying 'furniture,' mama."

          I don't think he was saying furniture, but it was a sweet effort, G.

  • Cantaloupe. The boy loves some cantaloupe.
  • The word, "no."
  • Books, books. He still loves to be read to. He literally throws books at me, which isn't cool, but I'm glad he loves to be read to. 
So, that's what's up with our family these days. I think we're doing well, happy and blessed.

Comments

  1. I love this! Thank you for posting this for all to read. You may yet inspire me to do something like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

How We Will Be Spending Our Summer