Pee On The Toilet Seat- A poem based on real life events

There once was a me, who wanted to be
a mother, deep down in my soul.
So I found me a man and in a few years we planned
to begin our parenting role.

Three boys in 5 years, full of joy (and some tears)
mean my house is never neat.
But that doesn't matter, except when there's splatter
of pee on the toilet seat.

Now let me be clear, I'm happy to cheer
about the joy of motherhood.
They're gifts from above and there's plenty of love.
The days are hard, but I know they're good.

Amidst baseballs and sand, with coffee in hand,
I navigate through the long day.
Many times they go pee and I don't want to see,
"Don't make a mess on the seat!" I say.

But at the end of the day, when boys have been put away,
and I think I won't have to repeat...
I usually find-and then lose my mind-
that there's pee on the toilet seat.


Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!