September Recap

I'm sitting here with writer's block, thinking about how we are easing into autumn. I really just want to take a nap, but I feel like the blog has become sadly neglected. I love writing. I love going back and looking at the words and pictures I wrote 1, 2, 3, or more years ago. I love watching us grow. And so, even though blogs in general seem to have fallen out of style in place of Instagram, I am here.

We enjoyed lots of family time at my sister Olivia's wedding. I have no pictures (pitiful, I know), but it was beautiful. It was really fun having some family in town.

Patrick had a birthday this month. The little monkey received no less than 4 new garbage trucks from loving family and friends, which he has been enjoying.



Patrick is definitely being a 3 year old...I have to take a lot of deep breaths to get through the day. He's a smart cookie, but all the challenges of a 3 year old are wearing me down. We'll get through it, though! We are so grateful for him.

I'll call this portrait: *sass*



The 4 of us went to a minor league ball game a few weeks ago. It was such a fun evening. These kids really are at a fun age. Graham was truly focused on the game, poised to catch a foul ball at all times.


Graham has been all baseball, all the time lately. Patrick, too, actually. They're both getting pretty good. I'm banking on G getting a great baseball scholarship to college someday.


So, here's the thing. I love the fair. I've always loved the fair: the animals, the rides, the junk food. Here's the other thing: Behn does not love the fair. I used to try to convince him, but now I just let him off the hook ;-) I took the kids by myself (well, my brother Stephen helped out, too) on Friday and we had a blast.

Patrick ate most of a corndog, which was impressive and disgusting:


Both boys loved the Ferris Wheel. We actually had to go on each of them, because there were 2. So worth it.


Graham seriously bonded with this sheep. Was so cute. We had to go back and see it 3 times. I can't wait for the day we can have 2 horses, 2 goats, 4 sheep, a dog, and 10 chickens. And a barn cat. I would love for my kids to one day bring their animals to the fair with 4H Club.


I have no pictures of Behn and I (why does that always happen??), but we did get to go to a movie and dinner because our awesome Autumn came and babysat for us. It was seriously great to enjoy a date afternoon.

 We are also hoping to get out to Lexington this weekend. I can't believe it's been a year since we've visited! We might camp (which would be an adventure!), but it's supposed to rain. So we will see. In any case, I can't wait to set my eyes on some mountains.

As the season changes, I'm dreaming a bit and looking forward to some changes. I'm feeling festive and hopeful. Happy Fall!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf