Victoria's Room

To distract myself from obsessively checking my email for an update from the agency with information about when Victoria may arrive this week, I figured I would take a minute to share pictures of her room.

I had such a fun time getting the room ready! I've never been one to do much in the kid's rooms, but this time I felt the strong urge to make it special. I had a lot of help- Dad T painted the room. Friends from church gave us a mattress. My sister-in-law Rachael shared the curtains, a friend gave us a canopy that matches the curtains, another friend gave us a brand new pretty suitcase, my Mom got the bedding. Many different friends and family donated new or used clothes, shoes, toys, as well as bath products, nail polish, and hairbows. Another SIL, Lydia, just sent a new carseat for her! I am overwhelmed by how many people have cared for this little girl. (Also, if you donated something and I forgot to list it, excuse my featherbrain- we appreciate every gift!).

Without further ado:

In the morning light, it looks pink in here (?) but it's actually pale yellow:


The canopy has't been hung yet, but I think she will like it:


A basket chock full of fun toys and girly things:


Her bin of clothes and a lamp. Behn and I bought the cloth on the table in Ukraine when we were there 5 years ago. Blue and yellow are Ukraine's colors:



The artwork was something I thought of. Patrick's favorite book is The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle. It's such a classic book, with lovely art, and I wanted to buy some prints to frame. I couldn't find any online (copyrights?), so I went to the thrift store and found the book for a quarter and cut these two pictures out to frame:


I also adore the book The Little House, but Virginia Lee Burton. I love the artwork portraying each of the 4 seasons. I love the four seasons..if I were a little more of a hippie, I would name my daughter Season, but I'm not quite that out there. Anyway, Rachael gifted me a copy of the book to use for framing:


And the bookshelf, with a few more pictures from The Little House:



And then this...this last page from the book...it just makes me tear up, how perfect and sweet it is. I hope Victoria does feel cared for and loved this summer, and all her days.


Thanks to everyone who has supported us. Pray for Victoria, everyone at Open Hearts and Homes for Children, and our family, please.

"He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing." -Deuteronomy 10:18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Off the Bookshelf

Job loss and bending the knee

Patrick Wilford is Here!