Summertime Updates

Oh, little blog. I've missed you. Life has really been going by a mile a minute and my 'free'
 time is more limited than ever with these 2 active boys, who rarely nap.

But now, tonight, the windows are open and the frogs are singing and the house is finally quiet. Time to take a few minutes to write.

Where to start? Nothing really major has happened, just lots of little things. Things like, a new (to us) van. I love it and am so, so grateful that stress is behind us. Things like an old friend visiting (hi, Dee!). Things like this boy finishing up PreK-3:


Pretty proud of him. PreK was the right thing for him; at age 4 he needed it. He's become much more confident. As of now, he's enrolled there again for next year for PreK-4.

We enjoyed a relaxing Memorial Day. Behn and I took the kids out on a pedal boat at a local park.



No one fell in the water, which was the main goal.

The boys and I have been outside a lot. Nature walks, park, garden. So happy for this time of the year and the fresh air.


Speaking of brothers, they now share a room! The transition this week has gone well. When I was a kid, and when Behn was a kid, we both always shared a room with siblings. I'm glad they can have this experience, too.

Behn and I went to our training with Open Hearts and Homes for Children last weekend and it could not have gone better. God was so present and we are proud to be a part of this group of new friends. We are so excited to meet Victoria! The training really prepared us, answered questions, and made us feel like we are truly supposed to be doing this- serving a sweet little girl- this summer. 3 more weeks until she arrives!

Mom and Dad T cared for our kids while we went to the training and then kept them for a few extra days so Behn and I could have a (much-needed!) staycation. We got a lot done around the house and yard, daydreamed, and rested. It. Was. Glorious.

We are working on preparing Victoria's room. I framed these pages from The Hungry Caterpillar that I picked up for $0.25.



I'll post pics of the room when it's all done. It's been fun looking for girl clothes and thinking about making little Miss Victoria feel special and safe and beautiful. Tonight my future SIL Autumn came over and Graham excitedly showed her Victoria's room. "Isn't it pretty?!" he said. He is very much looking forward to having a big sis for the summer- we will see how he does when reality hits!

The garden is in full swing. I pulled up and cooked the last of the spring spinach and we have a lot of sugar peas now. Many of the tomato plants are growing green tomatoes, and the yellow squash are almost ready for first picking. Unfortunately, the beetles have already found my squash, but I've killed a dozen or so of them as they were laying and then purged the eggs. Yuck. Stupid beetles. The flowers are blooming and lovely; The coreopsis is beautiful, as are the lillies, and zinnias and maybe even sunflowers may bloom this weekend. The little hydrangea that did not bloom last year has 2 blooms on it this year. I planted some pretty black eyed susans, lavendar, and salvia last weekend. This brings me so much joy. I will take more pictures soon!



I think I hit the major points. I hope to write more often in June!

(Graham took this pic of me today: I'm not often in pictures, so here is proof I do exist!):


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!