Spring Life

About 1/2 way through February, I had the thought, "Hey, this winter has gone by fast!" Then it snowed 4 times (or something like that).

Don't get me wrong, I like snow. But not so much in March.

We were, however, also distracted by the flurry of activity in preparing for little V- the application, fingerprints, beginning to fund raise, emailing social workers. It helped boost us through that last little bit of the season.

Here we are, though. It's sunny and warmish. I'm browsing packs of garden seeds and delighting in the bulbs that I planted last fall popping up. The boys are beside themselves to be outside, making mud soup and running around. The spring peepers are peeping in the creekbed on the other side of the street. I'm planning on riding again this weekend, after months of not being at the barn.



The changing of the seasons always makes me nostalgic. The fresh air reminds me of past years when I've breathed in the fresh air. Where I was, how my dreams were shaped at that time, what my goals were. This year is no different. I fling open the windows and think of how the spring rain smelled the year I was engaged and finishing college, the way the mist used to move off of the mountains in Virginia on the spring mornings, how Graham was baptized in March 4 years ago, and how just 2 years ago, we were house hunting here in Maryland. Lots of memories.



So I'm excited about this spring and the rest of the year ahead; for walks in the woods with the boys, Graham playing t-ball on a real team, preparing our home for V, for the adventures and even the hard stuff...."For the LORD is good, His steadfast love endures forever; His faithfulness to all generation." (Psalm 100:5)


Comments

  1. It was so nice to have some decent weather this week! I took my daughter ice skating in Ocean City and it was almost 60 out! Not sure what part of Maryland you live in, but it was definitely nice there. I love the beginning of Spring every year. It definitely seems like a time filled with hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes- a time filled with hope, new life :) Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf