Quiet Summer?

I'm tired and listless. It feels like it's been a long week. I'm trying to let go of guilt regarding not mothering well...yelling, complaining, being downright cranky. I know I am covered in His grace. Repeat. I know I am covered in His grace.



I think it will be a quiet summer, as it seems now.

"Do you have plans this summer?" everyone asks.

"No, not really."



I think we will have days where we go to the park. Or find some water. Days of taking walks in the humid air. And letting boys stay up an extra hour to catch fireflies. We can do local things, like visit the lighthouse or walk through a new park or stroll in L-town (the only quaint town around). I can slow down and bake bread and listen to bluegrass music, we can work in our gardens. We should find an outdoor concert. We can spend time with our lovely family here and enjoy dinners together. If we are really brave, maybe we will go to Washington D.C. I hope we make it to Delaware at some point.



God willing, a quiet summer. This girl ironically filled with wanderlust and exhaustion needs to be content and joyful and rested in a quiet summer.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf