Scattered Thoughts

Graham is napping right now. Most days he does not nap, so when he does, it's like somebody just drove up to my house, rang the bell, and gave me a frappucino. It's a happy surprise gift. I will wake him soon, though, or I will have to spend from 7:30- 9 trying to get him to sleep. When that happens, it's like somebody drove up to my house, I opened the door, and that somebody flung poo on my face. It stinks.

..........................................................................................

I woke up sort of 'off' today. Taking the boys on a walk in the woods helped. It was a lovely spring morning, complete with birds chirping and little while flowers flowering. The boys were great and pointed out all the things: rocks, plants, dogs, sticks. The purpose of this particular tramp in the outdoors was for Graham and I to gather items for his "Easter Garden." Before I actually had children, I was disillusioned about holidays and thought they would be, like, a big deal in our home. Truth be told, I nearly dread holidays because I feel guilty that I don't bother with festive children's crafts and thoughtful gifts. Yes, I know that gifts are not what holidays are about, but traditions and treats are fun and so I want my kids to have a little bit of that. However, most of my days I am in survival mode doing things such as simultaneously wiping a butt and a nose (no, not with the same wipe) and taking the time to plan and execute sweet holiday activities is on the bottom of my list.  But when Graham was a baby and I saw this...


..I knew that we would HAVE to do this every year. Well, this is the first year we are doing it, and I'm doing 99% of the work, but Graham is paying attention. He definitely understands the concept and was repeating me. "And Jesus died, but now He's alive!" So, it's a start. I doubt the grass will grow in time for Easter, or at all. It didn't grow when I put it in the yard, so why would it grow in a basket? Maybe we can dig up some moss at the last second and fling it on.

................................................................................................

Speaking of not growing, some rotten birds pecked at my seed trays I had on the deck. I'm going to have to start over with at least some of my seeds. Garden fail.

.................................................................................................

Speaking of my deck, my laundry is drying on a rope hanging from the deck rails. Can you say redneck? Our 5th dryer in 4 years broke. Really. I know, first world problems. It is perfect laundry-hanging weather, though: sunny and breezy.

...............................................................................................

Patrick is sitting here next to me telling me something. He is picking up words rapidly these days, but a lot of it is still jibberish. I love the jibberish. 19 months is going well for him.

.................................................................................................

I so need to go wake up Graham now. Wish me luck.

Comments

  1. I was so inspired by the Easter garden that I made my own. It was so much fun and really meaningful. It's growing like crazy! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf