Mountain Retreat

A couple of years ago, whenever something happened in our lives, I feel like I would race to blog about it asap. I'm more relaxed these days. It didn't even occur to me to blog about our retreat until today. So, here you have it.

My Dad and I organized a Young Adult Getaway for our church at the Machen Retreat Center in Virginia. As a child, we went there for many summers, helping clear the land and build the cabins. Now, it's a full-functioning camp in a rustic setting. High up in the mountains, in Highland County VA, an hour from a real town. I couldn't wait to bring my boys there!

Man, Graham was in little boy heaven! Open space, sticks, rocks, room to run, campfires, a river. He had a blast! He had a few other buddies to play with as well. Patrick also enjoyed the freedom to get dirty and play. I think the boys would be happy living there.






Behn and I enjoyed it too. The beauty of the area, friends and family, playing games, a million (truly!) fireflies at night, watching our kids have fun- it was all a blessing. Someone came to lead devotions centered around the topic of marriage, which was wonderful as well. So good to have quality time hearing truth and being challenged in it. We enjoyed getting to know friends from church a little better. The whole trip was so refreshing! The boys even slept well, exhausted from playing all day.

I can say that, Lord willing, this is a new tradition for us and I can't wait to go again next year :)


Comments

  1. Looks like so much fun! And yay for tired kiddos sleeping well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!