Quick Updates

Just wanted to check in and do a few quick updates. Here. We. Go!


  • Patrick can pull up to stand. It's cute and awful at the same time. I don't want him to get that big yet!
  • We have our final walk-through at the house tonight, closing tomorrow, and moving this weekend!
  • Once we move, Patrick will finally have his own room. I can't wait for that.
  • Graham had an awesome past 2 weeks. He was such a good little man! Lots of sweetness, talking, obedience, playing nicely with Patrick. This week he seems to be back on the naughty bus and I'm not sure why. Maybe he can tell there's a big change on the horizon? Anyway, no one ever said having a 2-year old is easy.
  • I want to potty train Graham as soon as we move. I am sooooo over changing him and doing so much cloth diaper laundry. The other day he pooped at the library. I didn't have anywhere to safely place Patrick in order to change G in the bathroom, so I took them out behind the building and changed Graham. Then, since he was wearing a cloth diaper, I had to take his gross dirty diaper home to wash. That was the last straw. I am not going to be transporting anymore toddler turds around town, thankyouverymuch. He tells me when he has to poop (but doesn't want to try the potty). I think that when a kid can tell you he's about to poop, he may be ready to potty train. I keep telling him 'no more diapers in the new house.' I hope it works.
  • I'm looking for babysitting or respite jobs in our new town. We're going to be needing the extra money. I don't mind working, but if I could absolutely pick, I wouldn't work because caring for G and P seems like enough for me right now. But since I need to, I'm keeping a positive attitude and praying for a great opportunity.
Anyway, that's a little update. Hopefully the next update will be about our move! Or maybe I'll squeeze in a post about the Celtic Festival we went to last weekend. We'll see...

Comments

  1. I just had an idea for you: a friend of mine used to teach ESL two nights a week to help supplement their income when their children were little. You could have some time away from home : ) and get some extra money. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!