We Be Trippin'

The past 2 weekends we've been away on some family/friend trips. To me, travelling is so refreshing. I love to be somewhere different, see fresh people, and mix it up. I was a big traveler before I got married. I saw London (2x), Scotland, Mexico, Bahamas, Bermuda, Spain, and lots of the U.S. (gulf coast post-Katrina, Midwest, Georgia, San Diego, and lots of other places). When Behn and I got married, we made it to Ukraine and also took some fun little weekend trips. Those days seem so far behind us now. Now it's a big adventure to ride up to Delaware or to Greensboro for the weekend. I hope we get to travel more again someday, but getting away for the weekend is good enough for now.

Two weekends ago, we landed ourselves in Baltimore to spend time with Luke, Jess, and Lily. While we were there, Emily had her baby girl, Rosalie! Of course, she was in NC, but it was fun for Jess and I to be obsessed with her labor all day long. Graham and Patrick had fun playing with cousin Lily and then on Sunday evening, we all went to the circus and met up with cousin Marielle. Loads of fun with these cute little cousins.


Lily loved Patrick. She's practicing for getting a baby brother soon! 

Cute little foursome

The next week we went to The South. Oh, South, how I do love you! Greensboro was wonderful and we adored meeting little Rosie. She is sooooo precious! Our family is so blessed, really. All these babes.




 Emily's up and around and doing great. Rock Star Mama!

Bro Time

After Greensboro, we headed a little bit north to our sweet Lexington. We spent a night at a good friend's house. I seriously felt like I was in a resort. We were shown such hospitality. And then we got to worship at our former church and spend the afternoon with old friends. Good times.




I am so glad we would take these trips. We may be buckled down here for a while with the move and all, which SHOULD be happening in a few weeks. We've hit another hiccup in the buying process and are praying hard it gets resolved and we can move forward. Buying a home is incredibly complicated. I am so over it. The end result will be worth it all, right?

Anyway, just had to document our memories before I get too busy to remember them anymore.

Comments

  1. Wow, that's great that you traveled so much before getting married. I kinda wish that I had....it's hard with babies! Looks like you guys had fun. Cousins are the best=P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful family!

    And yes, buying a house can be sooooo overwhelming/stressful/exhausting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!