2010 in Review

I've been avoiding blogging...I really want Behn to write his thoughts and perspective on the birth of our son, Graham Lee, born 12/15/10. But hardworking Behn has been really busy getting back to work after 2 weeks off and then getting started on the 2nd semester of his Master's Degree.

So I thought I'd do a recap of our very eventful year.

The winter months of 2010 were fairly uneventful. There was lots of snow. Friends visiting. Cabin fever. I think God used this time to especially work in my heart. I re-read "Stepping Heavenward," one of my favorite books, and spent a lot of time listening to and praising Him through hymns.

Spring arrived! We started getting outside more. Over spring break/Easter, we enjoyed a trip to San Diego to visit Lydia, James and Ruby (and I got to see my friend Amber, as well!). In April, we discovered (such a joy!) that God had allowed us to become parents, something we had been praying for. Baby was due in December and we were thrilled. In the next few months, we found out that our baby would be getting 2 (and later, 3) cousins! Talk about a baby boom!

At the beginning of the summer, Behn and I travelled with Luke and Jess to Ukraine on an orphan care trip. The trip seems like a blur, with Jess and I not feeling well (being early in our pregnancies), but God used that time to show us much about His heart for orphans. We made wonderful friends and were able to serve in a few different orphanages. Who knows, maybe we'll someday be back there, and come home with a child to add to our family?

In the summer, Hannah moved in with us and later the three of us moved to a new rental, with much more space. We love it here, and are hoping not to have to move again this year. Hannah has been a good housemate and I am thankful to have a sister nearby. Speaking of sisters, Behn, Hannah and I drove up to NY to see Emily on 4th of July weekend. Also in the summer, Behn began his Master's in Library and Information Science through the University of North Texas. He finished his first semester with a 4.0 (or maybe even higher), and says he thinks he has found his "niche" in life.

Autumn arrived. We spent most if it nearby, preparing for baby boy. Lots of nesting.

And then December! A season of advent, waiting. We didn't have to wait too long though, because Graham swiftly arrived on the 15th, about 6 days early. Sweet little boy is doing amazing. He's almost outgrowing some of his newborn clothes (sad for me). He's learning a routine, which helps with nighttime sleeping. He's beginning to follow our voices with his cute blue eyes. We thank God for him every day.

So...I think that's about it, at least for the major events. We also spent a lot of time with family/us visiting family.

Lord willing in 2011, we look forward to Seth's return from his deployment, as well as Isaac's return from his. We will enjoy watching our son grow. We will learn even more to trust God to provide for our needs, as He has always done. I wonder what else God will do in our lives in 2011?

Comments

  1. What a special idea to hear from dad's point of view! After he writes, can we hear from your perspective?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf