February Thoughts

In just 5 weeks or so, the spring peepers will be singing from the creek beds. The past few days reminded me of that, with the warm breezes and open windows. Today it is winter again, and I'm sipping tea, reading, and embracing quiet.

Last week, we traveled to Delaware to celebrate the life of Behn's grandmother, Ruth. She was a lovely lady. I'm glad I was able to know her these years that I've known Behn, and that all 3 boys knew her, too. I'm glad we are within driving distance so that we could be with family.

The house is 'decorated' with Lego toys and Star Wars ships. The boys have played well lately. Samuel is pulling himself up to stand. It won't be long now, before he's walking and the baby year is over. I'm sad about that, but I do love to see him crawl quickly around the house, trying to keep up with his brothers. This band of boys is a gift. You can't help but live life when life pulls you out of bed each day, life has constant needs to be met, life makes noise and laughs and makes itself always evident.

I'm reading a lot these days, tea drinking, thinking, praying, listening to podcasts, and watching BBC shows. What else to do in winter? I was well-loved for my birthday in January. Sometimes my world feels small, but when people tell you they love and appreciate you, you know you're loved big.

The wind is howling today. It's still winter. But soon we will hear the spring peepers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Off the Bookshelf

Job loss and bending the knee

Patrick Wilford is Here!