Happy January!

Happy new year!

The year is already 2 weeks old. After a dark (for me, personally) December and a lot of sickness in our home, I'm finally feeling myself again.

In the quiet of the dark mormings, God has been waking me, meeting me. I treasure these mornings. Fresh cup of coffee, the crocheted blanket given to me by ladies from our church in Lexington (a prayer shawl), the hum of the heater. And His word, freely given. A good friend sent me the She Reads Truth book as an early birthday gift and so these past weeks, I've been in John. These mornings have been a saving grace.

A new year before us, the details unknown. But, of course, not unknown to our God. I feel humbly brave - today at least.

The boys, other than having had colds, are doing great. Graham's pretty much reading now; I love practicing with him in the evenings. He skips into school each day. The 2 week break was both good and hard for our structure-craving boy. We are still growing together. Patrick is also doing great, enjoying preschool, saying cute and hilarious things, growing tall. He's so special to me, we are similar in personality and his tender heart is a gift. Don't even get me started on Samuel. Best baby ever. We all adore him. He cut his first tooth thus week, is crawling (fast!), clapping, babbling. Last night he slept from 6:30- 6:30 (not always the case). Basically awesome.

January is one of my favorite months as Behn and I continue our tradition of watching Lord of the Rings in the evenings. This is something I look forward to every year and this year Behn found the extended version marked down like 70%. Yes, we are nerds. Perfect for each other nerds. Marriage is great.

We are also reading all about Dave Ramsay and are getting tough about our budget. We've been frugal for years, IMO, but there's yet work to do here. We find it fascinating and even energizing (ask me again in 6 months if I find it energizing 😋).

I'm hoping to be back in this writing space more often. Until then, cheers to the new year!

Happy baby:


Star of Bethlehem at the school play:



Graham on his 6th birthday:


We had our first winter snow last weekend:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!