One, Two, Three

Baby Sweet Samuel is now almost 7 months old. When Graham was our one and only, we documented so much. I made these little monthly updates with his weight and all the things he could do and pictures. Poor Sammy has had little of those, though he does make his way onto Instagram fairly often.



Anyway, we've had 3 kids for about 7 months and we are not only surviving, I'd say we are generally thriving (don't remind me that all three were up at 5:30 this morning. Stupid Daylight Savings Time). The summer was hard- all day, every day, three kids on not enough sleep, very little community, and not much to do in our area. But this fall has brought a sweetness and change with the school year and refreshing season. Behn and I love having a baby again. He is growing so fast, sitting now, babbling, and thinking about crawling. The big boys are also maturing and are more independent...sometimes. They can set the table, get themselves dressed, help in small ways. This isn't without some complaining at times, of course, but they are getting better. If nothing else, they sure do love Samuel. We've had those moments of the baby being woken from his nap by the noise of brothers, I've felt overwhelmed and needed to call on Jesus more than ever, but I really love the way our family fits right now. Another thing is that when I have to run into the store and only have to take 1 or 2 kids, it's so much easier than with 3.  I used to dread running errands with Graham and Patrick, but now with three kids, if I only have to take two, it's a treat. Perspective, friends.


Overall, I think it's been such a great year. I love being 32. I feel much more sure and confident in who God made me. I've been softened, humbled, and repentant this year- and I'm aware this needs to continue! God has been doing a lot of work in my heart, and I'm so grateful. Grateful He tenderly grows us, grateful for this family I have. We still have so many dreams...for some land, for possibly adding to our family through adoption or serving in other ways. All in His time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Off the Bookshelf

Job loss and bending the knee

Patrick Wilford is Here!