Oh, July

Oh, hey there. A whole month gone by, and no writing. I hate that. I love writing; it helps me process things, remember this life, treasure moments.

The air is warm and humid, cicadas humming. We've suffered through a long heat wave and the thunderstorms finally rolled in last night. It's the hard, middle part of summer.



This summer has been just exhausting- in the good ways and in the hard ways. So much has happened: a whirlwind trip to Delaware for 4th of July, Dad had a heart attack (he's ok), hosting a new friend from Ukraine for a week, a family trip to Williamsburg. I want to write, but then a kid has a hard moment, I need to write a new grocery list, the baby wakes from his nap, I need to catch up on my reading for a book club I'm co-leading...the list goes on. At the end of the day, I am brain dead and can't do much more than binge watch Nashville


I miss peace. I miss quiet. I miss not being constantly needed, and always touched. This motherhood, and my walk with Christ, is a refining fire as I die to my wants and needs. This is not always done gracefully, but slowly I am seeing His progress in my heart. This is the season for now.


I do have so much so say and share, for anyone reading. Or even just for myself. I'll be back soon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!