Ode to Patrick

November, what a busy but consistent month you've been. Every time I peek out the window, I see another leaf saying its farewell. The air is really getting chilly. I have warm fuzzies thinking about the upcoming holiday, and am really looking forward to spending time with family.

Before Patrick becomes the inevitable middle child, I want to write down some things he says and does at age 3. What a funny guys he is! A few random examples of Patrick:

Lately Patrick has decided that I am a princess. I'm not complaining. It's nice to be treated like royalty, even if most of the time my role is much more the maidservant. When Patrick wakes up (always early), he comes in bed with us and whispers to me, "good morning, Princess" and gives me a good morning kiss. How does it get better than that?! Of course, soon after, he's begging for waffles. He is doing better with being patient, though.

This morning while driving, Patrick decidedly told me, "Mama, I miss you husband, Behn." Haha! He's always saying he misses Behn while he is at work, or that he missed me when I was out.

He's my empathetic one, full of compassion. Watching a movie where someone may be hurting, he hurts with them. We watched Cinderella last week and he kept saying "everything will be ok" to her as she suffered under her evil step mother's antics.

Patrick is cheeky. He sneaks off with a box of cereal. He runs to the next aisle in the store and peeks back at me with a grin. Sometimes after being put to bed, he tiptoes out and acts completely meek and humble and adorable to get 5 more minutes of cuddle time with Daddy. He also is incredibly stubborn. Sometimes he says 'no,' just to say 'no.' Like most 3 year olds, I guess.

Garbage trucks have his heart. Seriously, we could get rid of all the other toys and he'd be fine. Loves those trucks.

I've enjoyed the extra time with him while Graham is at school. Soon he'll be sandwiched between a big brother and a new baby, but I hope he always knows what a treasure he is.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!