Quiet on the Home Front

Life has been quiet lately. Not necessarily calm...I over committed my self in some areas lately and have felt overwhelmingly busy (work! lead a devotional night! teach more riding lessons!). By "quiet" I mean that we haven't been traveling and that major life changes are pretty non-existant. But things are settling down. I had my last day with one of my tutoring clients today and can already feel a load lifting. I loved the kiddo and his family, but it was stressful piling my kids in the car 2x a week, driving an hour to drop them off at the sitter, and then tutor all morning. We always ended up cranky and disorganized by the end of the day. It's the right thing to do to clear my plate and just focus on my boys.

Behn's parents visited last week, which was great as always. Extra help and company is always appreciated.

My parents got an adorable puppy. We have only played with him twice, but my little guys are loving him. Maybe now that I'm not working so much we can go on play dates with Samson the Super Pup.

The kids are in a trying stage. I feel like I always say that. But I mean, this is hard. There's so much wrestling and noise...they love each other and are each other's worst enemies. It's weird but I guess it's normal. I'm pretty worn out from it.

Thing One: he has a bad haircut right now. We're going to buzz his head soon since he won't sit still at the barber shop. He looks like Lloyd Christmas. He's currently interested in the planets and outer space.


Thing Two: currently needs to have The Hungry Caterpillar read to him 5x a day. He can recite it.


It's mid-November and the garden has been dug up for the year and the leaves are mostly off the trees. Seems like a good time of the year to hunker down and care for my home and kids and find peace in the normal rhythm of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Off the Bookshelf

Patrick Wilford is Here!