End of the Week (well, almost) Pics

It's that beautiful transition right now. The transition from sweet summertime to lovely fall. The trees are still green, but it's turning into a fading green, like a deep sigh. We see the first yellow leaves and some acorns. Graham is really into collecting acorns and we've spent some time on tree identification through that. I am loving the earlier sunsets, which sounds weird, but it really helps with putting the kids to bed. The world is still fresh and lovely, but we are on the verge of a new season.

It's still warm enough for some water play. So, we splash!


The purple asters have bloomed. A lot of my perennials flopped, so I am so glad these beauties have done well.


We took a walk to pick wildflowers and look at the (disgusting) pond in our neighborhood.


These wildflowers are bringing me joy in an anxiety-filled week.


This morning's walk took us beside a soy field. Southern Maryland in late summer.


"Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." -Psalm 143:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf