Near Family

I still miss Lexington. I try not to write about it too much; I don't want to whine and beat a dead horse. I miss the small town feel and the mountains and my friends and the river. I miss it all. It felt right. I hope someday we move back.

But you know what I LOVE about living here? Being near my family. You just can't put a price on that. I have my grandparents, parents, and 2 of my brothers here. We have had the most special summer.

I really bonded with my Mom with season. She works in a school and has 2 months off in the summer and she spent so much time with myself and the boys. We worked on house projects, enjoyed meals together, and she helped out a lot with the kids while I worked. Not to mention the awesome girls' trip she took us on! Pretty great lady :)


This is me working on one of the projects Mom and I did together. Couldn't have done anything without her!


Mom made the kids a pirate ship! I mean, come on- pretty cool, right!?



We also got to spend an evening with my Dad on his birthday. It was a perfect night for an outdoor concert. I'm so glad we get to make these memories together.



And we can't forget the uncles. Uncle Aaron is a household favorite for his tractor/ATV driving skills and his affinity for baseball. Uncle Stephen spends the night here sometimes and the kids delight in seeing him on the couch when they wake up. Then they poke his eyes until he gets up. Stephen is a good sport and the boys love him.



All in all, a great summer. A great family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently (what's up right now)

Patrick Wilford is Here!

Off the Bookshelf